Aug 15 (Reuters) – The following are the top stories from the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not guarantee their accuracy.
– Brexit intensifies UK labor shortage https://on.ft.com/3bShltU
– UK Tory rivals under growing pressure to freeze energy price cap https://on.ft.com/3QzUD8u
– Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bet $500m on Russia when Ukraine war started https://on.ft.com/3QJY0K1
– EU calls for an end to war in the Balkans ahead of Serbia-Kosovo meetings https://on.ft.com/3SS7rsQ
– Brexit has exacerbated labor shortages in the UK over the past year, with industries relying more on freedom of movement, according to a report led by Oxford University academics.
– Britain’s Conservative Party leadership candidates came under increasing pressure on Sunday to detail plans to tackle rising energy bills, with growing calls to find a way to freeze how much they pay homes
– Kingdom Holding, one of Saudi Arabia’s most prominent investors, majority owned by Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, invested hundreds of millions of dollars in Russian energy companies shortly before and after the invasion of Ukraine this year, according to a group document on Sunday.
– The European Union has demanded that Serbia and Kosovo abandon war talks, as the bloc and NATO prepare to hold crisis talks with the rivals this week aimed at averting a new conflict in the Balkans.
(Compiled by Bengaluru Newsroom)